Header

Header

Monday, June 27, 2011

A Rose For Your Thoughts?

Happy Monday All,

Okay I'm loving my new background...the header is still something I'll have to toy with, but I love the rose background. Roses are my favorite flower (yeah you couldn't see that coming a mile away LOL).

I've actually gone to a website to check out the meanings of different kinds and colors of roses. Through various ways, I've confirmed most of what this website says.


It's a little blurry but those are roses
this is a picture of my wedding bouquet
Red roses generally mean love and desire, which is fantastic for me since I write fantasy/paranormal romance. (Although, if I find a lavender/purple rose background, I'll probably use that since purple roses mean fantasy).

Anyway, to see what I'm talking about, head over to this website and have a peek. Even if you're not a rose fanatic it's an interesting site.

Roses play an interesting role in romance and courtship. In the fairytale, Beauty & The Beast it's Beauty's desire for a rose that triggers her father to steal one of the Beast's roses and thus angering the Beast. 

So what is it about this flower that yells, "Romance!" For me I think the flower is beautiful. I love it's fragrance and I love it has so many meanings, colors and variations.

But what do you think is the reason a rose seems to yell, "Romance!" whenever it shows up?

Have A Marvelous Monday!

8 comments:

Robin_Badillo said...

Love the new decor, Bethany!! Classy and elegant!! Great post, too!! ;-)

Bethany said...

Robin,

Thanks so much! I decided it was time for a change. I actually like this background much better than the original. As I learn more about how to operate this blog and everything I can do more and have more fun with it. Thank you for dropping by. Good to "see" you :-)

Anonymous said...

This IS lovely,Bethany...a nice 'welcome home' after a very nice trip to see my cousins.
I think roses say romance from their sultry fragrance and their softness...you can read a lot into all those petals, as well!
Good to be back reading your blog...and hey, the robins returned to their nest on my porch to raise a second brood!
Tonette

dragonfly said...

This looks like romance to me. Really gorgeous page, Bethany.
*hugs*
~June

Bethany said...

Tonette,

Glad you had a good trip! Welcome home. I really do like this background quite a bit and I'm glad you do, too. Enjoy the robins, sounds like they're a lot a fun. Thank you for dropping by, good to "see" you again :-)

Bethany said...

June,

Thank you so much! *Hugs back* And also thank you for dropping by--good "seeing" you :-)

TessStJohn said...

Absolutely beautiful, Bethany!!

Bethany said...

Tess,

Thank you so much! Glad you were able to come back and see it. Good to "see" you :-)