Header

Header

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Getting On Pointe

Happy Tuesday Everyone,

How do you feel about ballet? Growing up, I took ballet lessons (on my demi pointes) for a few years. I wasn't great at it, but at the time I could pirouette pretty well. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted--first time in my life I felt truly graceful.

I've also seen a number of professional ballets over the years:  Swan Lake, Coppelia, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Romeo & Juliet and one where there was different kinds of ballets.

So, do you like ballet? If you've watched/enjoyed ballet, which ones have you seen?

Have A Thrilling Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never took ballet,but when I was a kid, I would be fascinated by the ballet dancers who came on to The Ed Sullivan Show to perform [I am that old!]I would also watch PBS when they would put on Swan lake and other classical ballet, but I never pushed myself to a live performance...until some years ago when a friend and I took my sons to The Nutcracker.I LOVED it! I haven't had the opportunity to go to the ballet since, but I would 'jump' at the chance.Several people have told me that The Black Swan is something to see, although each gave personal reservations to go with it...have you seen it, (would you) and what is your opinion?
Tonette, (who is signed-in, but the blogger won't keep me signed in!)

Bethany said...

Tonette,

I didn't see "The Black Swan". There's a website I check that helps me decide what movies I want to see (especially if I'm unsure about one). If you want more information I can email you the link, just send me an email. Good to "see" you :-)