Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lovely Louisville Wedding & More!

Happy Tuesday All,

Whew! It's been a very busy week:

On Tuesday, September 9th husband, offspring, and I boarded a plane for Louisville, Kentucky in anticipation of my eldest niece's wedding. The flight was mostly uneventful (although some turbulence, but nothing serious). We landed at the airport and had to wait to get to the jet way because there was a police car there. Apparently there were two airplanes that had to push back and leave before we could get dock there. It was about 20-30 minutes wait, but then finally we docked and exited the plane.

**Warning:  I didn't take very many pictures--sorry!**

At the rental car counter there was a huge line, which meant offspring and I had to wait with the bags while husband got our reservation. I was hungry and a bit on the dizzy side, but finally husband got the keys and we went and found our rental (a royal blue Chevrolet Cruze, not sure what year--anyone own one or driven one?) Husband opted for GPS system since we didn't know our way around.

The hotel wasn't real far from the airport, so that was good. We got our room and settled in.

My family arrived the following days and activities ensued.

One day, myself, husband, offspring, one of my sisters, her two offspring, my younger brother and his wife, all walked down to a
coffee house called Mrs. Potter's Coffee Lounge & Cafe. We stayed in the lounge area, which had couches and chairs. I got a decaf Mocha (so yummy) brother opted for drip coffee, sister-in-law got some kind of tangerine tea (sounded good), my sis got a regular coffee Mocha, offspring got a Strawberry Smoothie, and sis's kids got ice cream and chocolate chip cookie respectively (the chocolate chip cookies were HUGE!)

On the way to the coffee house, we passed the KFC Yum! Center. I
didn't know such a thing existed until I saw it. Apparently they hold
all kinds of events there, like Disney On Ice. So, it's basically a stadium of sorts. I think there was some kind of a rally going on in front of it. We never found out what the rally was about, though.

Thursday morning I got to meet author Katie McGarry (of Pushing The Limits, Dare You To, Red At Night, Crash Into You, Crossing The Line, and Take Me On fame!) Unfortunately, that's one picture I should have gotten, but I have a picture of the autograph. I haven't read Take Me On, yet, but I plan to.

Thursday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner--but most of my family didn't have to be a part of that (except my parents, my younger brother and his wife, and of course, one of my sisters, who is my niece's mom and my sister's husband and my niece's brother and some other people--most of which I didn't know). So the rest of us got together and went out to eat at a place called Champions Bar & Grill that has really good food and wasn't at all far from the hotel (we walked). It was fun.

Friday we hung out doing various activities until it was time to get ready for the wedding--which was at 7 p.m. (Eastern time). The
My niece & her new husband
during their first dance
wedding was really lovely and the reception was a ton of fun. (
Link to the Cathedral where the wedding was held).

They had a photo booth, so a bunch of my siblings and I crammed into there and took some photos. I'm pretty sure that booth was not meant to hold quite so many people, LOL! The reception was held at a place called Ice House which was a nice location.
Yep, we crammed into that photo booth!

Saturday husband and offspring went with a bunch of others on the Louisville Slugger tour. I stayed at the hotel and did some edits, and then later that evening we all went to Mass at the Cathedral where the wedding ceremony was held. That night we went to the Troll Pub Under The Bridge for dinner--very good food.

Most people left Saturday and Sunday, but we weren't scheduled to leave until Monday (September 15th). So we remained behind an extra day.

Sunday I didn't feel good, so I rested in the hotel bed while husband and offspring went off to the zoo and to play putt-putt.

Monday morning we got up early. I showered while husband and offspring went downstairs for breakfast, then joined them when I was dressed. We got squared away with the hotel, and left. Traffic wasn't bad, and we made it to the airport with plenty of time. Husband turned in our rental, and then we all went through security, found our gate, and waited to board. When the time came, we boarded the plane and the flight went really well (much better than the one over). We got back to Texas early. My dad picked us up at the airport and brought us home. We had several things to do (such as grocery shopping) and I rested while the husband and offspring went off on an evening excursion after dinner.

Anyway, we had a lovely time. Today husband went back to work and I'm doing edits and various other things.

Offspring and I have some kind of cold/allergies thing we're dealing with, but no fevers (thank God!) so hopefully we'll be all well, soon (which would be really good).

Hope you all are doing well! Please be sure to pass the word along
about Divine Love and the upcoming release of Astral Love.

Speaking of Divine Love, I got a wonderful surprise Sunday morning in the form of an Amazon email. I get email recommendations from them, and lo and behold, at the top of the email for Fiction & Literature was Divine Love! I was so excited, I cried. It really was a thrill.

You all have a good week. I've got edits and writing to finish up, so I'll probably be pretty MIA for a while. I'm gearing up for the Northwest Houston RWA Lone Star Writer's Conference (which, if you're a writer and you haven't registered, please do! It'll be a great conference!) For more information please click here.

See y'all around!

Have A Totally Terrific Tuesday!


Tonette said...

What a shame that you were so close! Let me know when/if you plan on heading this way again!

Bethany said...


If I do and I have time, I'll let you know! When I wasn't doing anything with family, I was resting or editing. I had a lot of family around and there was something going on almost every second. LOL But it was fun. I'm glad we went. Hope you're doing well. Thank you for dropping by and commenting! :-)